SPLiCE International Conference 2022 | HYBRID
No matter where in the world your licensing program plays, we have the expertise to put you in the spotlight. Open to SPLiCE Members & Global Affiliates, and qualified licensing industry stakeholders including Licensors, Brand Owners, Manufacturers, and Licensees.
Time & Location
Oct 18, 2022, 12:00 PM – Oct 19, 2022, 7:00 PM
Scandinavia House, New York City, 58 Park Ave, New York, NY 10016, USA
About the Event
Welcome to SPLiCE International Conference 2022!
THE INTERNATIONAL STAGE
October 18 & 19 | Hybrid Event: ONSITE @ Scandinavia House, New York & ONLINE @ Hopin
No matter where in the world your licensing program plays, we have the expertise to put you in the spotlight.
- Join us in New York City and online as we shine the bright lights on best practices and collaboration for Brand Opportunities.
- Our focus is to discuss benchmarking, trends, and to network on global topics related to licensing and brand enhancement.
- Open to SPLiCE Members & Global Affiliates, and qualified licensing industry stakeholders including Licensors, Brand Owners, Manufacturers, and Licensees.
SCANDINAVIA HOUSE | 58 Park Avenue | New York, NY 10016
Courtyard by Marriott 3 E 40th St, New York, NY 10016
TUESDAY | OCTOBER 18
Razzle Dazzle: How Licensing Brings the Musical Stage Play Business from Broadway to the World
Seth Stuhl, Vice President, Business Affairs & Legal Counsel, Disney Theatrical Productions
Moderated by Kimberly Kociencki, CEO, SPLiCE
Digital‐First Publishing: Thru the Lens of Brand and Content Licensing
There's a defined process from product ideation to shelf. We will explore the state‐of‐technology platforms
available for immediate connection with your audience to promote programs and offerings globally.
Eric Karp, Senior Vice President, Brand Licensing, Vox Media, LLC.
Ted Larkins, Senior Vice President, Global Licensing, Octane5 International
Amazon Brand Protection Overview
* Amazon Global Brand Relations Manager David Pounds will provide a 2022 update on
Amazon’s Brand Protection tools and programs, and how you can leverage
these to protect your brand.
* Q&A will be offered at end of the presentation.
Joining‐the‐dots: connecting trademark, brand protection and licensing strategy
The importance of connecting trademark and brand protection strategy to licensing strategy
Addressing trademark infringement and counterfeiting
Market nuances, e.g. Trademark registration process/time in different markets
Using software to create efficiencies
Julius Stobbs, Founder, Stobbs IP
Key Considerations for Developing an International Licensing Strategy:
Planning and Partnerships
Extending your brand internationally through licensing will necessitate the creation of a comprehensive strategy - this session will outline the essential elements of that licensing strategy,
all of which must be taken into consideration at the outset.
* We will look at the steps that need to be taken from understanding brand awareness and
positioning, market, and consumer trend analysis, to trademark registrations and planning.
* The session will also cover the steps needed to execute on the plan and
the potential partnerships that may – or need to be – put in place.
* Finally, we will include a recent case study from a global corporate brand that
has just initiated a global licensing strategy.
Ciaran Coyle, President & CEO, LMCA
Colleen Baird, VP, Strategy & Business Development, LMCA
Business and networking development for all onsite attendees
PLUS Cheers & Nosh Reception!
WEDNESDAY | OCTOBER 19
International Licensing Fireside Chat: Secrets to Success: International Licensing
With experts that have actualized successful international licensing, we will dig into how and
why to get started, to best practices, to finding licensees, to risk management.
* Where to begin with launching an international program
* Identifying the right licensees to enter a new country or region
* Strategies for winding down the pre-existing licensees
* How do you go about minimizing risk for your company and your brand
* Suggested best practices and lessons learned around onboarding international licensees
Moderated by Michael Penn, SPLiCE International Benchmark Committee
Kenneth Wyse, President at Wyse Consulting
Licensing in the Metaverse
The Metaverse “virtual experience” continues to expand year over year.
It allows brand engagement in a way like nothing has before and
provides the potential for a very lucrative bottom line.
It’s no wonder more and more brands are licensing in the Metaverse.
Areas of presentation best practices:
* Building a Metaverse
* Brands in the Metaverse
* From Virtual to Physical
* IP meets Metaverse – legal considerations
Marty Malysz, President, Dependable Solutions, Inc.
Todd Kaufman, Vice President, Strategy & Partnerships, Beanstalk
Royalty Audits – It’s not only about the money.
Is the Licensee really operating in the way you think they are?
* Are products approved and sold as you envisioned
* Are you getting the marketing bang you negotiated
* Are you getting the ROI you should be
Debbie Stewart, Managing Director, InvotexIP, LLC
Kristen Anton, CPA, Director, InvotexIP, LLC
International Licensing & eCommerce Drivers
We will discuss the surprising digital platforms available
to grow your international successful licensing business.
Special Guest: Rob Johnson, Head of Licensing, McCormick & Company
Scott Stern, President/Chief Executive Officer, Norscot Group, Inc.
Onsite-only ThinkIn: Amazon Brand Protection – Optimizing Notices in Brand Registry
Amazon Global Brand Relations Manager, David Pounds, will provide helpful tips for optimizing
your notice of infringement acceptance, as well as up to date information on Brand Registry roles and
Selling roles and how these may impact licensors and licensees. Interactive Q&A.
If you are not SPLiCE Member please request attendance. Contact Collaborate@SPLiCElicensing.com.
Qualified attendees will receive a response within 24 hours. Acceptance, based upon current by‐laws and SPLiCE Global Affiliate Program requirements, is at the discretion of SPLiCE management.
Virtual Hopin SPLiCE Member
I will attend virtually signing into Hopin for the event.$0.00